Recycling Electronics and other Household Waste in
The Pine Bluff Household Recycling Center at 16th and Pennsylvania accepts:
Pine Bluff and Jefferson County
1. Old computers, televisions, and other unwanted electronic equipment
2. Old batteries of all types
3. Used motor oil and filters
4. Used antifreeze
5. Old paint (liquid and aerosol)
7. Drain cleaners
8. Aerosol cans
9. Fluorescent light bulbs (THIS IS WHERE TO BRING USED/BROKEN CFLs)
10. Used hypodermic needles (should not be put in with garbage or flushed down toilet)
Other recyclables are accepted, but must be SEPARATED according to these categories: cardboard, paper, aluminum cans, steel cans, glass bottles and jars, and plastic containers with recycling codes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7. We don’t accept #6 plastic (this comes in two forms: clear trays and regular Styrofoam; look for a number 6 inside the “recycling triangle.”)
Also at this site are free dumpsters for household trash, old furniture, clothes, toys, and other household items. You may be asked for a current water bill to verify residency.
Please call ahead to check on whether the dumpsters are full.
DEMOLITION MATERIALS such as sheetrock, lumber, concrete, fencing, and roofing shingles are not accepted and should be taken to one of the local landfills (check with the Jefferson County landfill, 870-247-0068). GRASS TRIMMINGS, LEAVES, LIMBS, AND BRUSH are also not accepted.
Items must come from private residences. Businesses, schools, churches and independent contractors should call for information on recycling and disposal of trash.